1. Basic requirements to incorporate a company in Singapore
All companies incorporated in Singapore must have:
- Company name: The name of the company must be approved by ACRA (Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority) before the Singapore business can be formed.
- Shareholders: A private limited company must have a minimum of one (01) and a maximum of fifty (50) shareholders. An individual can be both a director and a shareholder of a company. An individual or a legal organization, such as a corporation or a trust, can own 100 percent of a company’s shares.
- Nominee director: Foreigners are allowed to be the director of a Singapore company. However, all companies in Singapore are required to have at least one local director (Nominee Director). This person must be a Singapore Citizen, a Singaporean Permanent Resident, or a foreigner with an Employment Pass or EntrePass. Global Link Incorporation is here to help you meet this requirement. Contact us here!
- Company Secretary: Every company must have a qualified company secretary within 6 months of its incorporation, according to Section 171 of the Singapore Companies Act. A company secretary must be a natural person and locally resident in Singapore. Important: the company secretary and the only director/shareholder cannot be the same individual. Global Link Incorporation is here to help you meet this requirement. Contact us here!
- Registered Address: When opening a company in Singapore, you must submit a local Singapore address as the company’s registered address. The registered address must be a physical address and not a post office box.
- Paid-up Capital: A Singapore business must register a minimum paid-up capital of 1 SGD or 1 USD. However, depending on your purpose of opening a company, whether you need a bank account, and so on, Global Link Incorporation may suggest that you put a different amount. Please contact us to learn more!
If you are a non-Singaporean, meeting all of these requirements might be challenging. Global Link Asia Consulting is here to help you with all this administrative paperwork. Read on to learn more about our company registration process.
2. Register a company in Singapore with Global Link Incorporation
Step 1: Consult and Plan
We will first study your business requirements before developing a thorough strategy to help you establish a company in Singapore. We will also send you detailed information on the procedure to open a company in Singapore and list of all the required fees (no hidden fees guaranteed).
Contact us at (+65) 3163 4102 or email email@example.com now to get started.
Step 2: Make payment
The first tranche of the payment is due before we kickstart the process. The remainder of the fees will be paid after the company has been successfully incorporated in Singapore.
Step 3: Prepare required documents
All shareholder(s) and director(s) of the company must submit a scanned copy of the following:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months
- Proof of address (such as government-issued identity card, driver’s license, or recent bank statement)
Step 4: Incorporate the Singapore company
Global Link Incorporation will submit the required documents to relevant regulatory authorities in Singapore on your behalf. Once the company has been successfully formed, we will send you a certificate of incorporation and a company profile. This process typically takes 2-3 days.
SPECIAL: Open a bank account for your new company in Singapore
Depending on your business needs, Global Link Incorporation can assist you to open a physical bank account in Singapore. We will also help you to open an online international bank account.
You do not have to be in Singapore to open a bank account. However, your application to open a physical bank account in Singapore may not be successful and the outcome depends solely on the bank. Thanks to our extensive partnership with local financial service providers, Global Link Asia Consulting can help you estimate your chance of successful application with the bank, speed up the application process, and negotiate better rates.
3. Global Link Incprporation provides business at every level of your business development with one-stop services
Global Link Incorporation is a business partner in your international business development and growth, such as:
- Consulting strategy and supporting incorporation service in ten different countries around the world.
- Supporting transferring and receiving money internationally, optimizing cash flow to create an outstanding advantage in business.
- Tax- accounting experienced professionals (Singapore – the United State – Hong Kong nationality) (with more than 20 years of experience, OFFICIAL member of ACCA – CPA) assist you.
- Improving internal operation procedure efficiency and experience customer up with digital transformation of Global Link Asia Consulting.