Online business merchants, especially those selling on e-commerce platforms, Print On Demand (POD), and Dropshipping are too familiar with the protection terms such as Trademark, Copyright. In particular, merchants doing business in the US market often have problems related to Trademark because of the complicated registration steps and lack of understanding of the registration process.
Global Link Incorporation is here to support international merchants to quickly and effectively register for Trademark protection. The following article of Global Link Incorporation will help clients understand the steps to register a trademark in the USA for full Trademark protection in the US.
A trademark can be any word, phrase, symbol, design, or combination of these things that identifies your goods or services. It’s how customers recognize you in the marketplace and distinguish you from your competitors.
The word “trademark” can refer to both trademarks and service marks. A trademark is used for goods, while a service mark is used for services.
- Identifies the source of your goods or services.
- Provides legal protection for your brand.
- Helps you guard against counterfeiting and fraud.
Copyright is a type of intellectual property that protects original works of authorship as soon as an author fixes the work in a tangible form of expression. In copyright law, there are a lot of different types of works, including paintings, photographs, illustrations, musical compositions, sound recordings, computer programs, books, poems, blog posts, movies, architectural works, plays, and so much more!
3. Highlights of Global Link Incorporation's US Trademark registration service
The highlights of Global Link Asia Incorporation’s Trademark registration service in the US are:
- Client files will be handled by a US attorney with more than 15 years of experience in the profession, having worked at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO for short) in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- The paralegals of Global Link Incorporation office in will assist clients throughout this process. Legal consultants with extensive experience in international trade, will work with American lawyers to guide clients on how to increase the likelihood of successful registration and understand the requirements. of the United States and complete the profile.
- Global Link Incorporation’s service package includes answering additional questions from USPTO Officers after the application has been submitted. This helps to increase the success rate of the application.
- After successfully registering Trademark in the USA, we also helps clients track whether their Trademark has been registered by another party to the same Trademark to protect the intellectual property of customers.
4. Steps to register Trademark in the US of Global Link Incorporation
Step 1: Study USPTO data and consult, plan to increase success rate.
Our American attorney will rely on the file provided by the client to study on the USPTO’s TESS data. This research will be similar to how USPTO officers check trademarks to find:
- Are there any similar logos registered with the USPTO, in the same class?
- Will the USPTO be able to point out any other violations or will it extend the registration period?
- What is the probability of successful trademark registration?
If necessary, American attorney will rely on their experience in their industry to advise on how to change the trademark or application for a higher success rate.
Our attorneys will also advise you on whether you should apply for Copyright or Trademark protection. There are significant differences between the two.
This service will also help you to know if the logo you are using is infringing on trademarks that have already been registered.
Step 2: Register Trademark in the USA with USPTO
Our American attorney and the legal team of Global Link Incorporation will collect all the necessary information and complete the application with the USPTO to submit to the USPTO.
Step 3: Pay the registration fee to USPTO
Global Link Incorporation’s service fee includes the fee paid to the USPTO.
Note: USPTO has very strict regulations in payment to protect the interests of customers. Global Link Incorporation will guide customers to comply with these regulations.
Step 4: Answering USPTO’s questions
Usually, after the application is submitted, the USPTO will ask questions to clarify the application. US attorneys will represent clients to answer questions from the USPTO’s litigation office regarding the application.
Note: in some complicated cases, the USPTO may ask multiple questions on multiple occasions and require the client to submit additional evidence of previous Trademark usage. In these cases, the attorney will charge a separate service fee.
Step 5: Provide information to register with Amazon to register Brand
The US attorney will provide the application’s Serial Number and notify when the customer can use this number to the Amazon Brand Registry. Normally, the USPTO will need 3-5 days to send the Serial Number after the attorney files the application.
Step 6: Notify clients when Trademark has been successfully registered
American attorneys will monitor notifications from USPTO and notify clients when Trademark has been successfully registered. Application will normally need about 10-14 months for successful registration
Step 7: Track other applications within 1 year after Trademark is successfully registered
American attorney will assist clients in monitoring other USPTO applications and notify clients when there is an application that infringes the client’s trademark to protect the client’s rights. This service helps clients protect their brand after registering a trademark in the USA. This service is valid for 1 year after Trademark has been successfully registered.